Commit To Consistency
Create training and coaching programs that ensure your people keep your promise to your customers every time
Changing your customer experience isn’t easy. Once you know what it needs to look like, you need to engage your workforce to deliver it, and deploy training and tools to ensure it’s delivered consistently.
- As you reset your expectations around great customer experiences, make sure it’s clear to your agents what “great” looks like. It’s never black and white, but aim for clear examples and guidelines.
- Protect against inconsistency in agent delivery by ensuring your knowledge management system or tools is up to date and easily articulates your CX goals and messages.
- As you share the changes with your team, make sure you share the process you’ve followed: if you’ve used customer input, you have basically co-designed the experience with your customers. Your agents will love knowing that what they’re doing is actually what customers want.
- Keep it simple – don’t try to do too much at once.
Every one of your employees wants to go home feeling like they’ve done a great job. The environments they work in can be complex, and highly changeable. As you explore shifts in customer needs and preferences and look to implement actions based on customer feedback, those changes will all impact your employees first.
- Make it easy for your teams to understand what they need to do to succeed in their roles.
- Provide coaching and support to help people adapt to the new expectations.
- Recognize or reward people who deliver this new experience and get behind the change – your goal is advocacy from agents as well as customers.
Want to learn more about Stellar?
Fill in the form below to get in touch.